27 December 2005

You can call me... Al!

I've been spending time reading the EpicSki forums lately. There are a lot of smart people over there who know a heck of a lot more about skiing than I do. Great resource.

I've been having an interesting conversation with a user there, sellis, who mentioned in a thread that during a ski trip, while her husband was stranded back at the hotel, she got several invitations from people asking her to ski with them. It had hardly occurred to me that such a thing was even possible. And to prove that it wasn't just her husband sob-story working for her, she agreed to experiment on another ski trip by spending some time alone and securing invitations. This is sort of like experimenting on random people - and who doesn't think THAT is fun?

Anyway, I'll write something more on this later - including some of Sellis's social observations. In the meantime, if you've ever been invited by random strangers to ski with them, please comment here with your story(s).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home