14 November 2005

Crystal Blue Skis at Crystal!

I skied Crystal today; epic! It dumped about 2 feet over the weekend but I waited for the weather to pass and skied on Monday. With 3 or 4 inches overnight Sunday, the conditions were absolutely ideal on Monday. A few inches of freshies over a nice packed powder base.

A high pressure ridge moved in and sat right on top of Crystal. The skis were all but cloud free and deep blue all day!

I practically had a six-pack lift to myself. Half the chairs were empty, and the rest had 1 or 2 peeps. I didn't get my first run in until almost 11am because I'm lazy and hit some traffic on the way down. But I skied until they kicked me off at 4pm. There was so much snow I skied all the way down the path leading up to the mountain with enough speed to get all the way across the parking lot to my car!

Probably the best weather+snow I've seen in 2 years!

November 14th, Days skied: 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home