18 December 2005

Fridged Air

I know it was going to be a hard day when my fingers had numbed up before I even pulled my boots out of the car.

Crystal has had horrible ice conditions for the past week and I hadn't skied since Monday. But today, Sturdavants was having a demo day and there were some new skis that I really wanted to try. I expected the snow to be icy, but I didn't really expect the 13 degree temps
combined with a strong wind.

I did get to try several skis, but I rarely go out in conditions that icy (or that cold!), so the test conditions were far from ideal. At least there was sun, or it could have been a really tough day. Not much else say. It was just up and down at top speed trying to get as many demo runs in as possible before my fingertips turned black.

December 18th, Days skied: 10

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

North Caroliina has fantastic ski conditions. www.skinorthcarolina.com

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home