02 December 2005

The Snow Won't Quit

Crystal got another 5 inches of fresh overnight so I went up today.

Both today and Wednesday, I skied my Sugar Daddy's, which I bought during the end-of-season sales earlier this year. These things devour powder and crud. I grew up skiing the blue sheet ice of the east coast and becoming comfortable with powder and crud has been a long process for me. The Sugars make it look easy.

The very first time I skiied in the Pacific Northwest, my old buddy Shannon took me to Crystal on a clear blue sky powder day. It's been 8 or 9 years; I wonder if he's forgiven me yet. Between the food of fresh, my needle thin 205s and my complete and total unfamiliarity with powder, it was a disaster. I was forced to retreat to the well groomed bunny hill - what a waste!

December 2nd, Days skied: 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home