14 December 2005

Give up skiing for Spa'ing?

I told my friend Susi a few days ago that my cuticles were dry and that I needed a manicure. Frankly, I hardly know what cuticles are much less able to diagnose their moisture level. It's just a phrase I overheard and thought I'd try out.

My phone rang this morning at 8am and Susi said "Get out of bed, we have pedicures and massages scheduled in an hour - it's my Christmas present to you!". Now, I have never had a pedicure nor a body massage. I have, however, slept in late like a lazy lump and I knew that was good, so naturally I tried to talk my way out of it.

Well, the appointments were at the fancy-schmancy spa here in town, Gene Juarez. Pricey! It was such a nice gesture on her part, I really had no good outs (as we say in poker).

What an idiot I was for even thinking about not taking her up on the offer! The pedicure felt great and transformed my feet from something only a mother could love into something almost fit for public display.

The massage was fantastic as well. I was so relaxed when it was over that I felt like I was on drugs.

And to clean up, I got to take this crazy good steam shower with ten shower heads giving you the 360 degree 'car wash' effect.

It was just awesome. Now I know how the spa ladies spend all morning in the spa, then go out a casual lunch. I may give up skiing and just try the spa treatments at different resort towns!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TURN IN YOUR GUY CARD NOW!! Danger, danger, sounds like the flour man is turning into a muffin. A pedicure?? An oxygen tank would be better.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home