06 November 2005

Blackcomb, Opening Day!

Blackcomb opened for the weekend and I was there! There was about two feet of snow in the week leading up to opening day, so conditions were great on Saturday. Unfortunately, the lift lines were a little extreme and I only got about 5 or 6 runs in. On Sunday, the lines were much smaller, but most of the good snow was used up.

Great to be back on skis, though, especially after such a terrible season last year!

I stayed at the Mountainside Lodge and will not stay there again. The hotel insisted that I remove my car from the parking garage after checking out on Sunday morning, before going off for a day of skiing. They suggested I drive over to the Whistler day lot and ski from there. This is rather annoying. The whole point to staying at a "mountainside" hotel is so that you can easily walk to the lifts. I did, after all, pay for two nights of lodging and two days of parking; it seems reasonable to expect to be able to ski two days from the hotel. Of course, I left my car in the garage anyway and, of course, the garage was all but empty when I left at around 4pm. This is not a good place to stay for a weekend trip.

Nobember 6th, Days skied: 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home