17 January 2006

About a girl...

A week or so ago, on one of the cold wet days, there wasn't a lot of joy on the mountain so I distracted myself by taking notice of, and skiing in relative proximity to, this girl. Let me be clear, this is not a euphemism for 'stalking'.

At some point, she went off my radar, so to speak, and coincidentally I went in for hot coco a short time later. And as I was standing close to the entrance of the cafeteria, in between the cafeteria and the restrooms actually, some woman practically ran right into me! But she was kind of cute, so I apologized instead of, you know, grunting at her. When I arrived at the coco machines, she was filling up and I used the machine next to her while, you know, trying to check her out while looking in the absolute opposite direction.

Anyway, I concluded my business before her and went to look for a table. It was a weekday, there were few people in the lodge so I pretty much just selected randomly. There were goggles and a hat on the table in front of mine and wouldn't you know it, those belonged to cute-yellow-jacket girl! She seemed to be alone too. It's uncommon to see women alone on the hill.

So, I'm skiing in the same general vicinity as this girl. She runs into me in the lodge. She's drinking hot coco and I'm drinking hot coco! I just happen to select a table that's right next to hers! And she's alone! I did not speak to her. I did, however, write the following in my notebook: It was as if the cold rubber-gloved hand of fate was sticking it's well lubricated finger uncomfortably up my ass; and instead of relaxing and trying to enjoy the moment, I pulled away.

It's amazing that I'm still single.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home