15 October 2007

Underwear

Today was underwear buying day. I don't really like buying new underwear, but I force myself to do it once a decade, whether I need to or not. I would buy underwear more often, but I know there is nothing coming out of my body toxic enough to damage the hearty American cotton fabric. Also, it takes a good 3 or 4 years before the waistband curves around my gut JUST right. I have no idea why they don't make gut-fit underwear in the first place. The packages I was looking at today all featured super-human-like muscle-bound 20-somethings. On the back of each is a helpful size chart; M for waist size such and such, etc. But there's no measurements or photos of this product being worn by 40-somethings with, well, a few extra pounds! That's the picture I really want to see on the front! Well, not REALLY, but I don't really want to see the male super-model either. It would be cool if they had, like, a picture of the Victoria Secret model who prefers men in this particular product on the front; and then maybe a chub-chart on the back. Anything to make buying men's underwear less homoerotic, basically, would be a step in the right direction. Maybe this is the reason you often see women buying underwear for men. Sometimes you see men buying underwear for women, but probably just because the pictures are a lot easier on the eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home